Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Fat Man's Squeeze-Who is the Good and Faithful Servant?

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mathew 25:21 (KJV Cambride edition)

In prayer this past weekend I have been feeling anxious and questioning myself if I am ready for Jesus to swoop and take me away. Even though I accepted Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit at age 9, read God's word and pray multiple times daily, I have been very concerned that perhaps I do not meet the requirements. In prayer I asked God to help me understand this and to help me find the narrow path. I want to hear Jesus say to me "Well done, thou good and faithful servant". The real question is what will it take for Jesus to say those words to me?

Bloggers all over the world is visiting this blog, and the question is passed to you to respond. What will it take for Jesus to say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"?

You know, I was in church Sunday and the pastor mainly spoke about a book named "Heaven is for real" by Todd Burpo. Heaven is for Real is a true story about a young boy who is dying on the operating table at a hospital, and his spirit ascends to heaven. Later, the boy at age 5 or 6 explains to his father and mother that he has seen Jesus and names other family members that the parents have never told him about. Jesus told him that I am sending you back to earth because your father is praying for you and I am going to honor your fathers prayer.

Then my pastor says to the congregation, "many of you here today will not make it to heaven". Immediately the thought came into my head, "What will I need to do now and moving forward so that Jesus will say to me, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"?

I went hiking this past weekend in a very rough terrain region, the area has large rock formations and cliffs, caves, and rivers. I came upon a pass where I had to squeeze between to large rock cliffs and shuffle through the path for about 10 meters. During the hike some hikers that were of large build could not make it through the squeeze pathway and had to turn back and take a much longer route. Later, I learned that the path was called the Fat Mans Squeeze or Fat Mans Misery.

The verse came to mind; But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Mathew 7:14 (New International Version 1984)

So again, will you respond? What does it take to travel down this narrow road to the gate, passing through to find Jesus, and to hear him say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant".

The Watchmen

No comments: