Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Narrow Door

In my prayer time I keep getting nudges from the Holy Spirit to write more about this narrow pathway or narrow door. Amazingly, well not really amazing if you know how the Holy Spirit works, I keep getting these thoughts in my head about the narrow passage.

I was reading just the other morning the following in Luke 13: (Zondervan Amplified Version),

23. And someone asked him, Lord, will only a few be saved (rescued, delivered from penalties of the last judgement, and made partakers of the salvation of Christ)? And he said to them.

24. Strive to enter by the narrow door [force yourselves through it], for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.

25. When once the Master of the house gets up and closes the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door [again and again], saying, Lord, open to us! He will answer you, I do not know where [what houshold-certainly not mine] you come from.

26. Then you will begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.

27. But He will say, I tell you, I do not know where [what house-hold certainly not mine] you come from; depart from Me, all you wrongdoers.

The Holy Spirit is telling me that someone out there on the other end of this is trying to figure this all out. Below are several points of interest the Holy Spirit has brought to my attention. I would like you to consider these which will help you find that narrow path or narrow door.

1. Mathew 13:8; Then he said, "I tell you with certainty, unless you change and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven. (International Standard Version (2008)

2. Mathew 19:14; ... Jesus, however, said, "Let the little children come to me, and stop keeping them
away, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people like these." ...(International Standard Version (2008)

3. Mathew 25:45; Then he will say to them, 'I tell you with certainty, since you didn't do it for one of the least important of these, you didn't do it for me.' (New International Version 2008).

4. Proverbs 8:13; All who fear the LORD will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech. (New Living Translation 2007)

5. 1 John 5:13;  write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. (English Standard Version 2001)

6. Isaiah 45:23; I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me." (New Living Translation 2007)

Stop where you are now, put all aside, forget about your troubles, disregard the people around you, shut out the sounds, and call on the name of the Lord, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the one and only true path to God and everlasting life. Ask him to come into your heart, to forgive you for every sin you have ever committed, no sin is unforgivable through the power of Jesus Christ.

The narrow path, or narrow door is not an easy one to get through. With the help of the Holy Spirit we can make it happen. How determined are you?

My friends, Jesus is coming...

The Watchmen

No comments: